What is Whey Protein?

0
186
what is whey protein

Whey protein is the most commonly used supplement among gym lovers. However, does everyone know what is whey protein? What are the benefits of using whey protein? What are the types of whey protein? Who can use whey protein supplements and what side effects can occur? This article answers the most important questions.

How is whey protein produced?

Whey protein is obtained from whey. This, however, is a by-product during the cheese making process. To create whey protein in the form offered by supplement manufacturers, you need to subject whey to certain physical processes (the whey itself contains little protein, most are fat and lactose). The process by which it eliminates them is called ultrafiltration. This creates a standard whey protein concentrate (WPC-80). To make a whey protein isolate, you must submit your prepared whey protein concentrate to another process that removes lactose and sugars. To make whey protein ready, it must be subjected to the final process, which is pulverization (spray drying). Depending on the required final effect, manufacturers add various types of flavors, fragrances as well as colors.

What exactly is whey protein?

Whey protein contains all the necessary amino acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine) needed for proper regeneration, which makes them a wholesome source of protein. It is a high-quality protein that is naturally found in milk. Whey protein is widely sold. Particular interest in him is shown by people training various types of sports (including bodybuilding and fitness), who have a higher demand for protein.

Who is whey protein for?

Among strength sports enthusiasts, the target group of people who can take whey protein has no restrictions. It is a naturally occurring substance in milk, so if you have no problems consuming lactose – it may be just for you. Women, men, weightlifters, crossfitters, bodybuilders, marathon runners – everyone will find use in this diet supplement. Whey protein is recommended for people with broadly understood increased physical activity and for people who have an increased demand for protein.

Types of whey protein

There are 3 varieties of whey protein supplements:

  • Whey protein concentrate (WPC) – Formotiva Muscle Brick Whey. The best price-quality ratio. Contains 80% pure protein.
  • Whey protein isolate (WPI) – Formotiva Muscle Brick Isolate. Noticeably more expensive, noticeably better. The so-called. heavily “purified” concentrate.
  • Whey protein hydrolyzate (WPH) – ON Platinum HydroWhey. The most expensive, it has the best absorption coefficient.
    Whey protein composition

Most whey protein concentrates contain about 80% pure protein. So what is the other 20%? Much depends on the manufacturer, but the following information is an average of most known brands on the market. Each concentrate also contains carbohydrates and fats. It is generally about 12% powder. You may be surprised, but most proteins contain about 4% water. This amount of powder does not cause chemical reactions, so you do not have to worry. The remaining 4% are minerals naturally occurring in whey, the separation of which would be quite problematic, and due to their health-promoting effects, it doesn’t make any sense.

Whey protein – effects of use

Whey protein not only provides basic amino acids, but also helps in the repair and reconstruction of muscle tissue. It is a source of wholesome protein, necessary for “all sorts” athletes. In addition, it is quickly digested, and thus quickly absorbed (short chains of amino acids). The use of whey protein among people training in gyms and during aerobic training, provides anti-catabolic properties. However, the biggest advantage of this product is a very quick and simple way of preparation.

Whey protein is good for everyone

Whey protein is the most commonly used within different gym-users. That’s the reason why people should know what is whey protein. This kind of supplementation may give you extreme good effects during your workouts. This is the reason, why people training in the gym should consider using it.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here